The Social Policy Research Institute (SPRI Global) is currently supporting the Maldives Department of Justice in developing the capacity of justice sector institutions on data literacy and data analysis. There is currently a lack of data collection, management and analysis within the sector, although this differs between institutions as some do have data infrastructure already in place.
The main objective of this assignment is to develop the capacity in data literacy and data analysis of Maldivian justice sector institutions. This will be done by conducting a needs assessment and, based on the results, developing and implementing a comprehensive training module on data literacy and data analysis. The activities proposed to meet this objective are as follows:
- Review of existing data system(s) used by the justice sector to identify current gaps necessary for monitoring and the limitations in potentially combining such systems.
- Review of existing training modules in the country.
- Consultations with justice-sector stakeholders to explore capacity gaps in data analysis.
- Delivery of a Training Needs Assessment Report to discuss the content, planning, logistics and target audience of the training.
- Development of an e-learning module on data analysis using infographics, videos coaching sessions and exercises.
- Design and delivery of a 4-5 day training of trainers (TOT) workshop based on the designed module.
Maldives Department of Justice