SPRI Global is proud to collaborate with the Department of Sociology, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia and BPJS Ketenagakerjaan (Employment Social Security Agency), Indonesia in organizing the International Summer Course on Social Protection in the Changing Labour Market. The course will be held this year from September 17-28 in Yogyakarta – an Indonesian city known for its rich local culture. The course is free of charge, but our total capacity for participants is limited, and participants will be selected from different countries.
Recent developments on issues related to employment and social protection have uncovered new knowledge and policy gaps in many countries around the world. Demographic changes, disruptive technology, neoliberal economic pressure and wider inequalities are just some the factors creating these gaps. In response, we are contributing to the global knowledge exchange and discourse on these issues by organizing an international summer course on “Social Protection in the Changing Labour Market”.
The course is structured in four modules:
- Social protection in a global context,
- Demographic changes and employment,
- Digital economy and young workers,
- Current trends in the sociology of work.
Should you apply?
You are welcome to apply if you are a
- Final year undergraduate student in the social sciences
- Master level student or early phase doctoral student
- Development professional specializing in social protection and employment
We expect to have a maximum of 40 participants.
All sessions of this summer course will be designed and taught by the following researchers and consultants:
- Professor Chris de Neubourg, SPRI Belgium
- Ms Sinta Satriana, SPRI Belgium
- Ms Julia Karpati, SPRI Belgium
- Ms Nesha Ramful, SPRI Belgium
- Ms Michiko Miyamoto, ILO Jakarta
- A/Professor Dan Woodman, University of Melbourne, Australia
- A/Professor Debra King, Flinders University, Australia
- Dr. Prapaporn Tivayanond Mongkhonvanit, Thammasat University, Thailand
- Dr. Dinna Wisnu, Binus University, Jakarta
- Dr. M. Falikul Isbah, Universitas Gadjah Mada
- Dr. Hakimul Ikhwan, Universitas Gadjah Mada
- Dr. Oki Rahadianto Sutopo, Universitas Gadjah Mada
All participants will be provided with free:
- Breakfast and lunch
- Course kit
- Certificate/Credit Transfer
- Registration open: June 1 – July 30
- Announcement of selected participants: August 6
- Re-registration: August 7-10
- Summer Course: September 17-28
This course is equal to 3 SKS (Indonesian credit system) or 4 ECTS (European credit system).
Online Application : http://sosiologi.fisipol.ugm.ac.id/main/international-summer-course/
Email : email@example.com